Thursday, September 27, 2007

At Knitsch this past weekend, plus some photos of knitting

So.... I went to Knitsch this past weekend with the Chicken Goddess and discovered Yul there (much to my surprise). The folks who knit on Sundays (and other days of the week, I'm sure) are awesome and I had a great time. I'm totally going back this weekend. And I took some photos:



Jane had a birthday, so we had champagne. And still knitting happened. It was amazing.



This is Jane, the reason for the champagne. She and the Chicken Goddess are psychic twins. It's spooky.




Olivia sat next to me and knit the tiniest. vest. ever. It was very soft.



Evil Science Chick and her Obligatory Nose Warmer.



The Gang. Well, some of them. Claudia, Post Modern Artisan, the ChickenGoddess, and Yul (who, sadly, has no blog).

The progress for the day was that I started a baby hat, which is looking like it's going to be much bigger than a baby head. I suppose that's why babies get bigger, yes? So they can fit into my knitting? Obviously.



It's not much to look at yet, but the yarn is great and I've included the pattern for reference. I'm knitting the cap (not the things with the tassels), and I plan on doing some I-cord embellishments. I can make this work! Baby heads are kinda big and bobbly, right?

That's all for now. More later. Maybe less photos.

No comments: