Friday, September 28, 2007

Another Thing I Am Knitting

This one is my very favorite project right now. Remember how I mentioned that I had a nice surprise in happening upon StringTown when I was in Arkansas? Well, I did. Anyway, I was in Fort Smith, Arkansas, thinking life was dismal except for seeing my mom, when I was driving through downtown and saw a yarn shop that I had previously not known about. I commanded my mother to stop the car immediately (I was not actually driving, I just hoped you'd think so) and hopped out and went inside and 20 minutes later was the proud owner of this yarn:



The yarn is Boku (I labeled it incorrectly in Flickr), and the colorway is #11. The proprietress of the shop had knitted a lovely scarf out of colorway #12, and when I appeared to be unsure about purchasing it, added that the pattern came free with the purchase of yarn. And since it was quite affordable, I had to buy two whole skeins plus a pair of needles, and start knitting it that very afternoon!

This photo is the progress I have made on the scarf:



It's really very easy. It's the Easy Feather and Fan Scarf, and the completed portion is about, oh, maybe 6 hours of work. It's my very first lace project, and I can do it now without looking at the pattern. Seriously - if you haven't done lace before, this is a great project to start with, especially since the yarn stripes up so nicely (though you could knit it with whatever you wanted, I'd imagine).



Detail of the pattern and color change.

I think I ought to have this finished in a couple of weeks, depending on how much free time I have to spend on it. I'm also thinking that this might be a good gift for those who don't knit. I have several friends with cold necks.

My next (new) project will be a Kent Treble Bob scarf. I have to re-learn how to cable first, though. But now I know how to do the rest, so I'm dangerous.

No comments: